Wednesday, January 28, 2009

growing like a weed

Zachary and I went to a new mom's group yesterday where he weighed in (clothed) at 13 pounds, 2 ounces. The other moms were most impressed by his ability to burp simply by removing the bottle from his mouth which he demonstrated quite admirably (and loudly) as we were going through introductions.

I learned rather coincidentally last week that despite not being a fan of his bath, Zachary loves having running water over his head. My attempt at getting rid of his nasty cradle cap has resulted in a bedtime ritual that gives him much satisfaction. He looks like he is receiving the best massage ever.

Today I was much surprised when I left him on the floor while I ran to the bathroom and returned to find he had rolled onto his side. Of course, I couldn't get him to repeat this feat while I was watching despite repeated attempts throughout the day.

Tomorrow is my birthday, so Zachary and I are headed to Mall of America because (1) it is the only place I know that has covered parking so I don't have to push the stroller through the snow and (2) I have gift cards. This will be our first stroller outing and the farthest we've ever gone with just the two of us.

Here's a few photos from last week:





10 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

Happy Birthday to you! Have a great time at the mall. Zachary is so adorable! I wanna get those cheeks

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! I remember my first outing...it was kind of overwhelming, so I hope it goes smoothly.

N said...

happy birthday! What a cutie he is - I can't believe how big he's gotten! He looks like a little man!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Happy birthday!

Elizabeth can burp while she's nursing. I am pretty impressed by that too.

He's adorable!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday to you. Have a great time out with Zachary. Hope you burn through those gift cards!

Kristen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Zachary is adorable as always! I can't get over how big he's getting. XOXO

Barb said...

Happy Birthday! And he's gorgeous. :)

Me said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday. And yes he does look huge!

Malloryn said...

Happy birthday! He is so adorable :)

E said...

How was the outing? I felt overwhelmed on my first outing...but it gets easier the more you do it. :)