Friday, April 23, 2010

Toddlerhood

Because he hit the magic number of 16 months, Zachary "transitioned" up to the toddler class at his school. I think he was most excited by the new toys they have in that room. I prefer having him with kids older than him- some of the kids are only a month older, but they range up to two years old. He likes that his buddy is in the class with him again.

At his sixteen-month appointment (we had trouble with scheduling at the fifteen-month), he weighed 26.2 pounds and was a whopping 33.5 inches. [Given that I am just shy of 63 inches, one can imagine that it won't be long before he's looming over me.)

Zachary's speech capabilities have exploded almost overnight. He says so many things and it's a random assortment of words- dog, ball, car, bubble, all done- I understand, but "backpack" (yes, very clearly backpack), "owl," "girl," and "whale" seemed rather strange to me.

He loves his trucks and pushing things around. And his books, he can be absorbed by reading for the longest time. I imagine he is already in the running for nerddom like both his parents.

Most days, when I see how beautiful and amazing he is, I still just pinch myself because I can't believe he's mine.

No comments: