Friday, April 16, 2010

Flower power

I have been drowning in work and sick kid at the same time. Sigh. But because I never want to forget the first flower Zachary gave to me . . .

We were outside (Zachary's location of choice- he puts his jacket on over his pajamas and bangs the front door with his fist to be let out in the morning) and Zachary spotted a dandelion. He plucked it and handed it to me. My heart melted. I told him thank you and put it in my hair. When he saw it in my hair, he proceeded to pull it out (in a rather painful fashion). His next move was to attempt to put in his very boy short hair. Despite several attempts, it wouldn't stay, so he threw into the street.

1 comment:

E said...

how sweet! It's so sweet how kids don't see dandelions as weeds. Erin calls them 'Dandy-flowers', and is always picking them. :)