Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Summer Loving Happened So Fast

I just don't know where August went. I have been attempting to cram in every possible adventure for Zachary and I before I go back to work two days a week starting next Tuesday. All three of us went to visit the grandparents in Kansas and to the State Fair (a must do in this place). Zachary and I have been to the zoo and the conservatory and to the pool repeatedly. For reasons I can't figure, except for a top tooth possibly coming into play, sleep has been a patchy experience.

Additionally, we have been visting his school once a week to get him used to the classroom. Tomorrow, I am actually leaving the building while he gets to hang out there. I am so dreading next Tuesday. The mommy guilt is incredible.

For his nine-month appointment last week, he weighed in at 22.5 pounds (80th percentile) and 30.5 inches (95th percentile). I am still waiting to hear the elusive "mama" and crawling is likely going to be skipped. Zachary cruises very well and is starting to get brave about moving from one piece of furniture (or an adult leg) to the other. His favorite activity is walking while holding hands. He gets rather upset when I don't immediately take the hands he throws up in the air.

I can't believe I am starting to ponder ideas for a first birthday party!

No comments: