Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Eighteen months

My little man hit the year and a half mark on Sunday. He is (what the woman who owns the B&B we stayed at a few weeks ago described euphemistically) "overflowing with joy." Or what my grandma would have characterized as "full of beans"- constantly on the go, careening from one mess to the next, and always wanting me right, right there. No, don't even think of going to the bathroom unaccompanied, Mommy.

His vocabulary never ceases to amaze me. It seems he learns a new word every day (not really, just seems that way). I have been writing them down in anticipation of his pediatrician appointment on Wednesday because she always asked and, of course, I can never think of a darn thing that he says when I have to. But, thanks to my handy list, I know he can say about 30 words in addition to "mama" and "dada."

A few photos to compare:

This time last year





Last Friday:


4 comments:

Barb said...

Craziness! And yes.. we have similar mommy's boys. ;-) And I loved the pee story. hahahaha.

Barb said...

thanks for the comment. E's bum has been a little more red. The huggies are the ones we liked, but they leaked when he was little. They're good for older ones?

Me said...

Wow. What a difference 12 months makes!

E said...

yes, he's grown SO much in 12 months! 18 month olds are so cute, despite the non-stop activity. I love this age, the words just keep coming and coming, getting you closer and closer to full communication!