Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Like Hannah


On Sunday, similar to Hannah (1 Samuel 1), we dedicated our precious son back to the Lord who gave him to us. Although it is not traditional for Presbyterians to use baptismal gowns, Zachary wore the gown hand-made by my great-grandfather's wife. The last baby to wear it was my Aunt Carol who is losing her battle with cancer and whose time left can be counted in a matter of weeks. Zachary has his father's last name and his paternal grandfather's name as a middle name. This was the one piece of my family that I could give to him.

Zachary made nary a peep during the "sprinkling" and apparently was quite the ham by smiling and blowing bubbles at the congregation as our pastor presented him by walking him down the center aisle. I believe the over-sixty crowd was swooning.

2 comments:

Mrslady1975 said...

You post has me crying happy tears. Your baby boy is just precious and your words are so wonderful and honest. I hope one day to be able to write them myself. Until then, I get joy is readin your updates about Zachary and seeinghim (and the other LP momma's) babies grow. {{{Big hugs to you and Zachary}}}

HereWeGoAJen said...

Perfect! He looks great in the gown too.